Thursday, April 19, 2012

BLOG 8

                                                Is Music Good tool for health



     Music has become a great advantage and has a positive effect in the medical profession. In reference to the article written by Elizabeth Scott, hospital is now using music has a therapeutic method to help patients with pain management and mental disorders. Music therapy is now known to have some beneficial effect to cancer patients and children who have problem focusing. Music can be a great elevation for stress and a good source for relaxation.


  
    I agree with the author that music is very theraputic and having music in the medical feild is a great advantage to patients because of the calming effect it has on the body and mind. Take for instant the day I went to the dentist to have my teeth remove this practically stress me out just thinking about the distruction that is about to happen. while wating for the dentist I read couple of the magazine that is there for patients to read. If you were to ask me what I have just read I wouldn't be able to tell you because my mind was precondition of the devasting  distruction that is about to happen. The dentist assistance call me to the procedure room there she took some x rays and assist me to the procedure chair, she prepare me for the procedure and handed me a radio headset. The assistance told me I can listen to music while I wait for the dentist to come. I was able to choose whatever channel, so I change it to R.N.B one of my favorite radio station. while waiting fifteen mintues for the dentist to arrive I was rockiny and singing softly to the music. By the time the dentist came in and numb my gums my nerves were calm because of the music I was still listening to. The dentist was able to complete the procedure without my nerve been shattered.


   Have you gone to the gym and there was no music? I done think so, most every gyms have music. The gym instructor's use music to stimulate their customers while practicing their exercise. music with heavy and fast beats motivate the people who are exercising which increase the heart rate and promote circulation throughout the body. Take for instant zumba a very popular dance that is use for exercise in many gyms. It's a cultivation of african and Latin movements and music.The music changes from high to very low and fast beats, which is also a good source of cardio workout for the body. while working out to zumba dance and music other people in the gym are working out on the heavy equipments and listening to music on their I Pods.


   music is a tremendous contribution it promote health,decrease stress and is a good source for relaxation.


1 comment:

  1. Very good in terms of development, but grammar and usage are serious problems. Look for example at these two lines: "ake for instant the day I went to the dentist to have my teeth remove this practically stress me out just thinking about the distruction that is about to happen. while wating for the dentist I read couple of the magazine that is there for patients to read"
    After remove there should be punctuation to separate the two sentences which run on one another, Also magazines are plural yet you use "is" ("that is there") to refer to them. You will need to work on these kinds of errors.

    ReplyDelete